Monday, September 9, 2013

Class Participation

1. One can use an idea as an outline for a position in your thesis that allows you to develoop a position rather than aruging a borning cut and dry position.

2. Developing an idea rather than a thesis ahs allowed me to view the thesis from all sides, giving me a clear understanding of what i want to write about and how I feel about my argument.

3. Thinking about my ideas in the aspect of "working theses" gives me the freedom to explore options and dive deeper into the actual meaning of my paper rather than creating a surface level thesis and using as an outline for my paper.

4. A weak thesis is described as surface level where as a srong thesis tends to open doors for explination and elaboration. In my paper I could simply describe how photographs enhance the experience for the reader or I could work with a more complex thesis comparing and contrasting social networking such as facebook with the elements of my blog and hlow it affects readers.

5. "the feature or features of what your subject means" is referring to the need to centralize your paper around the content of what you are writing about, the meaning behind the blog in our  case.

6. My thesis in a way is an idea in need of an argument because I have not yet taken a clear side. my thesis is more of an explination of some of my thoughts about the blog but it lacks a general argument.

Try this

1. Comparing one campaign to another

2. The tension is the argument of personal benefits vs. socitial disadvantages

3. The tension in this example is the need for self thought but also the destructivness of it.

4. The tension is between the need to cut down trees vs the need to save the forest.

5. Middlebrow's position in the art world, whether it is neccessary or nonimportant

6. Cellphones can either help us or keep us from living in the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment